We are passionate about helping young people find the right opportunities and pathways whether into the world of work or further study. We have been doing this since 1967 and have helped millions of people already. Morrisby is an Employee-owned Trust. Main Purpose of Job
Morrisby is the market leader in Careers assessment software and services in the UK and a major player worldwide. We have recently expanded our product offerings to include Careers Platforms for use by secondary schools and sixth forms.
We are seeking an experienced careers consultant to work with existing customers to ensure that the Morrisby system is used effectively and embedded throughout the school or college. Success will be measured by increased usage and embedding, renewals, and cross sales of relevant modules.
- To develop an overall strategy for the area covered.
- To develop an account plan for each school in conjunction with key contacts
- To assist the school, embed the Morrisby products through a combination of consultancy and training.
- To successfully target and bring on board school and local authority clients. This will include the ability to demonstrate the Morrisby platforms using tools such as Zoom.
- To use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles as part of daily activities.
- To use prospect and customer contact tools and systems, to manage the day to day running of the business. These include the CRM Pipedrive.
- To demonstrate a flexible attitude if requested to assist in other areas of the business as and when required.
- To communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business, and sustainable relationships.
- To assist with the overall company support and sales strategy as well as marketing messages
- To attend training to develop knowledge, techniques, and skills. We encourage a culture of lifelong learning.
- To provide feedback and input into ongoing product development and improvement.
1. School Heads of Careers/Careers Leaders. School Heads, Deputies, Assistant Heads, Heads of Sixth form and UCAS Coordinators.
2. Local authority advisers, LEP (Local Education Partnership) Careers Leaders, Enterprise Coordinators
Role is home based and will involve proactive and reactive telephone calls as well as extensive use of the Morrisby CRM (Pipedrive) and backoffice IT systems. Occasional customer visits to things such as careers fairs is encouraged.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Careers or Teaching experience in a secondary environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven track record in exceeding targets and hitting forecasts.
- Adaptable and able to solve problems.
- Ability to escalate and liaise with senior management.
- Good IT skills in either PC or MAC environment
Knowledge and qualifications
Will be educated to degree level or equivalent and likely to hold or be working towards a CDI Level 6 in careers guidance. Knowledge and experience of the independent sector a particular advantage. Knowledge of occupational psychology, recruitment or HR would be beneficial.
Successful candidates will have acquired minimum of 3 years Careers, PSHE or other relevant teaching experience.
- This is a hybrid role working mainly remotely with monthly visits to the office in Hemel Hempstead (overnight stays and travel expenses provided)
- 26 days holiday increasing to 29 days after 2 years’ service.
- 5% company contribution stakeholder pension, subject to a minimum 3% contribution from employees.
- Morrisby is an Employee owned trust so all employees will collectively participate in the economic benefits that shareholders would normally accrue
- Salary circa £35-40k with OTE £45k to £55k depending on experience
At Morrisby, we offer an ethos of diversity and equal opportunities through our services and amongst our employees. We maintain an inclusive culture, where every person feels a true sense of belonging. Morrisby encourages language and actions to engender inclusivity that further supports ethnicity, culture, disability, mental health, and gender identity.