Morrisby is passionate about helping young people find the right opportunities and pathways whether into the world of work or further study. We have been doing this since 1967 and have helped millions of people already.
Purpose of Job
Morrisby is the market leader in Careers assessment software and services in the UK and a major player worldwide. We have recently expanded our product offerings to include Careers Platforms for use by secondary schools and sixth forms. We are seeking special individuals to help us promote and grow these in the UK and Internationally.
We are seeking an account manager to work with existing customers to ensure that the Morrisby system is used effectively and embedded throughout the school. In addition to upsell and cross-sell Morrisby Careers platforms via the telephone/internet to schools.
- To develop an account plan for each school in conjunction with key contacts
- To assist the school to make full use and embed the Morrisby products through a combination of consultancy and training
- To plan and prioritise customer/prospect contacts to ensure achievement of agreed business targets for renewals and upselling.
- To successfully target and bring onboard school and local authority clients. This will include the ability to demonstrate the Morrisby platforms using tools such as Zoom.
- To effectively manage time to achieve sales and productivity targets.
- To use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles as part of daily activities.
- To use prospect and customer contact tools and systems, to manage the day to day running of the business. These include the CRM Pipedrive.
- To demonstrate a flexible attitude if requested to assist in other areas of the business as and when required.
- To communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of our offerings and generate profitable business, and sustainable relationships.
- To attend training to develop knowledge, techniques, and skills. We encourage a culture of lifelong learning
- School Heads of Careers/Careers Leaders. School Heads, Deputies, Assistant Heads, Heads of Sixth form and UCAS Coordinators.
- Local authority advisers, LEP (Local Education Partnership) Careers Leaders
Role is office or home based and will involve proactive and reactive telephone calls as well as extensive use of the Morrisby CRM (Pipedrive) and backoffice IT systems.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
Proven account management or business development, particularly in an education resources or careers environment preferred
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work under pressure
Proven track record in exceeding targets and hitting forecasts
Adaptable and able to solve problems
Ability to escalate and liaise with senior management
Good IT skills in either PC or MAC environment
Knowledge and qualifications
Educated to at least 2 A levels or equivalent with Degree level preferred.
Successful candidates will have acquired minimum of 3 year’s sales/account management experience ideally in the Secondary or Independent school area. Exceptionally a teacher or career adviser may also fit the bill.
Salary £30k-£40k basic with OTE of £40k-£55k depending on experience.
- Being part of a supportive and growing team.
- An ice cream freezer on the ready for a sunny day ice cream break.
- Idyllic rural location, great for a picturesque run or walk at lunch, easy parking, and not having to worry about town and city traffic near the office.
- Flexibility with last minute needs for time off, late starts, early finishes, etc.
- Relaxed dress code.
- 25 days holiday
- 5% contributory stakeholder pension
At Morrisby, we offer an ethos of diversity and equal opportunities through our services and amongst our employees. We maintain an inclusive culture, where every person feels a true sense of belonging. Morrisby encourages language and actions to engender inclusivity that further supports ethnicity, culture, disability, mental health and gender identity.
Closing date for applications
28th January 2022 5pm
Send your CV and covering letter using the form below. The covering letter should outline why you are right for the job and want to work at Morrisby (max 2 sides of A4 or 800 words).